Postponement of the International Congress on Sustainable Development, Landscape Planning and Territorial Governance (SD2020)
Thank you a lot for your interest on the International Congress on Sustainable Development, Landscape Planning and Territorial Governance (SD2020), scheduled for the next 4th and 5th of June, in Portalegre, Portugal.
Considering the current pandemic declaration, related to COVID – 19, the Organizing Committee decided to postpone this Congress to the 1st and 2nd of October.
The communication submission will remain available and early registration due dates will be extended.
We thank you for your understanding and hope that we can meet you in October in Portalegre for the International Congress on Sustainable Development, Landscape Planning and Territorial Governance (SD2020).
On behalf of the Organizing Committee of the International Congress on Sustainable Development, Landscape Planning and Territorial Governance (SD2020)
The International Congress on Sustainable Development, Landscape Planning and Territorial Governance is organized in cooperation by:
- Polytechnic Institute of Portalegre, Portugal
- University of Extremadura, Spain
- University of Évora, Portugal
- University of Madeira, Portugal
- WSB University, Poland
The congress will take place between 04 and 05 of June 2020, at the CAMPUS POLITÉCNICO, in the Polytechnic Institute of Portalegre, PORTUGAL.
This event will explore the ongoing dynamic, emerging issues and future challenges regarding territorial governance and public management as well as the other fields of research that may have an influence on sustainable development. Contextually, several themes will be addressed, namely: Public Management; Territorial Governance and Strategies; Cross-Border Cooperation and Inter-Regional Cooperation; Inter-Organizational Cooperation; Sustainable Planning; Sustainable Development; Smart Cities; Biodiversity Policies and Strategies; Accessibility and Connectivity Transport Systems; Sustainable Tourism Management; Sustainable Culture Management; Renewables Energies; Circular and Green Economy; Environmental Rights and Legislation; Migratory fluxes – Strategies, Management and Planning; Natural Based Solutions.
The submission process will take place between November 1st, 2019, and July 31st, 2020.
All the accepted papers/abstracts will be published in the conference Book of Abstracts (with ISBN) which is foreseen as a Congress outcome. BEST RESEARCH PAPERS will be invited to submit full versions which will be published according to the subject:
- as a book chapter – by the prestigious publisher THOMSON REUTERS – subject of an additional editing fee of 300,00€ payed directly to the editor- guidelines available here;
- as a research paper on SUSTAINABILITY (ISSN 2071-1050) – special issue: “Applications, Methods, and Technologies of Sustainable Landscape Planning and Design“;
- as a research paper on LAND (ISSN 2073-445X) – special issue: “Landscape Planning as a Catalyst for Sustainable Development” – publication fee according to editors open access policy;
- as a research paper on SUSTAINABILITY (ISSN 2071-1050) – special issue: “Industrial Heritage and Sustainable Urban Planning“;
- as a research paper on JOURNAL of BORDERLAND STUDIES (ISSN 1757-7802) – special issue: New trends on landscape planning and territorial governance towards sustainable development – publication fee according to editors open access policy (soon available);
- as a research paper on SUSTAINABILITY (ISSN 2071-1050) – special issue: “Trends in Emerging Markets, Globalization, Economic Development, Entrepreneurship and Management Strategies as a Result of Cross-Border Cooperation“;
- as a research paper on URBAN SCIENCE (ISSN 2413-8851) – special issue: “Urban Landscapes Changes in Mediterranean Regions“;
- as a research paper on REVISTA MONFRAGÜE DESARROLLO RESILIENTE (ISSN 2340-5457) – the journal focuses on scientific works regarding the approach of resilience, as a more concrete approach than the traditional concept of Sustainability – no publication fees.
All the selected papers will be subject of a blind review process coordinated by each journal according to their editing and reviewing processes. After selection papers need to be submitted on each journal online platforms available here.
Early Registration – 250,00 €;
Regular Registration – 350,00 €;
Student (subject to confirmation) – 200,00 €;
Researchers from organizing institutions – 100,00€
Participants (without presentation) – 100,00€
Each registered author may submit up to 2 papers. For each ADDITIONAL PAPER an extra fee of 100,00€ is required.
Accommodation costs are not included in the congress fee.
Congress languages: preferably English, however Portuguese and Spanish can also be used.
Luis Loures and Julian Mora Aliseda,
e-mail address: SD2020@ipportalegre.pt
November 1st, 2019 – Beginning of the submission process
July 31st, 2020 – Submission process limit
August 15th, 2020 – Early registration limit
September 15th, 2020 – Regular registration limit
May 10th, 2020 – Information of sucessful registration limit
October 1st and 2nd, 2020 – International Congress on Sustainable Development, Landscape Planning and Territorial Governance
Hope to see you in PORTUGAL!